Welcome to our blog!

Welcome to our Blog. Our website has moved!

Please update your bookmarks and click to here view our website stuffedcakes.com.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The force is strong with these - Star Wars cupcakes, take 2!

You might remember the original Star Wars cupcakes. I made those for my husband's birthday, before Stuffed Cakes was even an idea - let alone a company. They were one of reasons I started thinking about starting this company and within a month I was taking classes and honing my skills. I look at them now and realize just how far I and Stuffed Cakes has come in one little year.

I loved having the chance to re-work these cupcakes. They have always been popular, but I knew what I wanted to do better. I wanted to combine the use of fondant with frosting to give these characters some whimsy, yet refine them. I couldn't be happier of how they turned out - and more importantly everyone loved them!

Tomorrow my baby, Stuffed Cakes, turns ONE! It's funny, I think I am reminiscing about this year as much as I do each year when our kiddo has a birthday. I'm thinking about all the good times of the year, all the speed bumps and what I have learned as Stuffed Cakes' "mom." I've nurtured this "newborn" and have learned what it needs to thrive. I can't wait to see what the next year brings. May the force be with us!





Boxed up and ready to go!

I can't help but hum the Imperial March.

No comments: